A vessel is an investment which can often demand significant financial commitment. Insuring a vessel is a critical step in responsible boat, yacht, or ship ownership and should not be taken lightly.
As a Certified Florida Independent Insurance Adjuster, Scott Virgin is intimately familiar with the insurance process and the needs of an insurance survey.
A marine survey intended specifically to deliver an accurate valuation of your vessel is extremely important when buying an insurance policy – it’s often the only reputable documentation an insurance company has to evaluate the coverage your vessel will receive.
To ensure your vessel is properly insured in the event of damage or loss, Scott Virgin provides a marine surveying service tailored specifically for insurance purposes – this survey process and documentation is designed to provide the owner as well as the insurance company with the extensive documentation needed to issue a policy that accurately and responsibly protects a vessel.
Our insurance survey’s typically include:
- Meticulous hull, deck, and systems inspection
- Inspection of electrical components for corrosion and potential fire hazards
- Engine inspections – computer diagnostics
- Fuel system inspections and safety evaluation
- Structural inspection
- Rigging inspection
- Segmented documentation on the condition of fiberglass, gelcoat, wood, and various materials